Who is Sanaya? Suzanne Giesemann answers:

Who is Sanaya? Suzanne Giesemann answers: "Sanaya (pronounced "sah-NIGH-ah") has told us that she is a collective consciousness of minds with both a feminine and masculine energy. This energy comes from a higher dimension than our own. When I bring through Sanaya's words, I am "tapping in" to Higher Consciousness. I am allowing that Consciousness to express itself through my body: through my brain, through my vocal cords, my arms, my hands, and also through my pen. Sanaya would not need a name, except for our human need to put labels on things and place our experiences into well-defined boxes. Sanaya takes us outside the box into a dimension where we come face to face with our higher selves. To hear the words of Sanaya as they come through ... to sit in the presence of that energy ... is a palpable experience of higher vibration ... of love. To read Sanaya's words can have the same result when you tune in to that finer energy as you read." (To read the full explanation of who and what Sanaya is along with transcripts of longer sessions click here.)

Monday, May 7, 2012

Discipline

Note from Suzanne:  I recently received an email from a gentleman who expressed excitement at his new interest in meditation.  I introduced him to the e-guide to meditation on my website.  He wrote back that he had purchased "Meditation for Dummies," and that he found the opening paragraph quite encouraging:  "Don't make the mistake of turning your meditation practice into another urgent item on your list of things to do. Use it instead, as a welcome oasis from doing, an opportunity to be without strategy or agenda."   He wrote, "Whew, I like that approach." 
 
That got me to thinking about the session on meditation I had just taught this past weekend.  My S.O.A.R! workshop is all about transforming your life to allow your spirit to truly soar.  I personally feel that meditation is the key to self-realization and self-transformation.  When I read the above quote, I agreed that meditation is a welcome oasis.  I then wondered if I was being too rigid in encouraging workshop participants to make meditation a priority and to find the discipline to sit in the silence daily. 
 
This morning during my own meditation, I found myself contemplating this issue.  Without even asking the question deliberately to Sanaya, I heard, "Discipline is a distraction …"  Then the words began to flow, and I realized with a smile that once again, Spirit was sending me a poem.  Enjoy the message, and have a love-filled day …
 
Some humans are very rigid in their ways;
Others quite relaxed.
As if by every effort
Their entire being it is taxed.
 
Which requires greater effort:
Moving round or sitting still?
That depends if it is difficult
To give silence to your will.
 
Some think they must keep moving
To have a great effect.
And so they fail to take the time
Upon the silence to reflect.
 
It's a different sort of discipline
To sit and watch paint dry,
To contemplate the stillness,
To sit and wonder, "Why?"
 
Yes, of course, you are quite busy.
Yes, you have so much to do.
And one more thing tacked on your list
Will tax you through and through.
 
Make the time to still your mind
Even if you feel quite stressed.
This addition to your busy life
You will be glad that you addressed.
 
For with this small investment
You will reap such great rewards.
By sitting in the silence
Your every goal you'll move towards.

2 comments:

  1. Gail in SarasotaMay 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM

    Oh my, Suzanne,

    This is a perfect addition to your dynamic workshop! You will definitely fulfill your vision because all things are possible when in the Divine Flow.
    Unity of Sarasota is waiting for your workshop when you return to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzanne and Sanaya. Whenever I am tempted to "just skip meditation today because there is too much to do", I remind myself that all of the "do's" will be much better served after I "sit with Spirit for a bit". At first taking the time to meditate feels like a new chore on the list, but be persistant for it will change from "I have to meditate" to "I want to meditate"

    ReplyDelete